Friday, March 28, 2008

Mommy Visit!

I finally have something to post about with a few pictures! My mom came to visit last Wednesday for a week and it was so much fun! The time went by way too fast and we didn't get to do everything we wanted to but we did get some pretty decent maternity clothes shopping in! She even got to come to one of my OB GYN appointments and I have finally gained some weight! 8 1/2 lbs, and I am very proud of it! lol Later that day I got my hair done which I needed so bad and I am so thankful for when my mom comes and helps me with the ridiculous cost of getting it cut and highlighted. I chopped off a good 6 or 7 inches and it felt so good to get all that split-endy hair off and to get back to blond! and I loved the girl who did my hair so now I have someone to go back to here in Maryland.

That night we all went to the Cheesecake Factory! It was really fun and really tasty.

Saturday we took my mom to try sushi! She liked it and we are so sad we didn't take a picture of it! Maybe next time. Then we went grocery shopping and it was so funny because on two occasions I had men come up to me to talk about my pregnancy. One of them was older and was trying to guess my due date and the other was younger and told me to enjoy my jeans while I still can. I don't know what he was talking about because it's not like I still fit into my jeans. Pretty funny. That night we had tacos and then went to cold stone which is always delicious.

Sunday we went to church, here is one of my new outfits! Then we went to Eric's parents for a lovely Easter dinner and entertainment.














Monday we did more shopping. Tuesday we ... went shopping. lol
But first we had donuts from The Fractured Prune, the best donuts ever!




Don't these pictures make your mouth water?









Then we went to babysrus and I finally found a stroller that I like and that my awesome parents were kind enough to purchase for us :)


I also found a cute maternity coat!
















On our way home we got sno-balls! It was my mom's first time. I think she liked it :)


That night we got pizza and watched American Idol and Big Brother! We were so glad to see Chekezie and Chelsea go. haha
On Wednesday (our last day together) we got a little last minute shopping in and said goodbye to our little mommy :(
It's okay though folks! She will be back in July for the baby's arrival!

7 comments:

Susan said...

Love the hair! It took me a while to gain weight too. Around the same time i gained 8 pounds in a matter of 2 visits. It's funny how they just pile on so fast. You look soo cute too. Can't wait to see that baby! What kind of stroller did you get??

Kim said...

Seeing all the yummy pictures of food on your blog is making me hungry for lunch!!! You look great preggers Hilary, glad that we found your blog so we can see what is new with you and Eric. Things are going well for us in Chiacgoland, this pregnancy is a million times better than the first (no morning sickness), just occassion heart burn, but nothing too bad. I'm not a fan of the wholw weight gain thing, but it is a good thing I enjoy working out b/c I will certainly have to after baby #2 is born. Well time is flying, we better enjoy it and rest up b/c the first few weeks with new baby are rough in the sleep dept. Well keep us posted on what is new with your family, it is great seeing all your pictures and reading your entries. Take care and ttyl, kim and Jason

Hilary said...

You are SO cute! I hope I have little arms still when I'm prego too :)

Will your mom come visit me when I'm expecting? Sounds like tons of fun. Hopefully my mom will be so generous too, but I might have to get pregnant before my sister does....hmmm...

The Musson Family said...

Oh Hiliary! I'm so happy you and your mommy had so much fun. I love the pictures. You have such a little belly. And only 8 1/2 pounds in 6 months. Well done there girl. I can't wait to hear all the stories from your mom. Take care.

Bethany said...

Oh I love Mommy visits! And you are looking just fabulous!

Mindy Williams said...

I love Mommy visits too, but what is with making me SOOOO jealous with the fractured prune and sno ball pics?!? Denver just doesn't have those yummy treats....and you are so cute. I wish gaining the weight had been my problem! Now I am trying to be on the losing end, but since I can't exercise for another 3 weeks, I'll use that as my excuse! Missing you! Mindy

Ku'ulei said...

Hilary! Yea, you have a blog too!!
You look so stinkin' cute pregnant! I love that you got spoiled with some mommy time and all the yummy treats. Mmmmm....
I added you guys to our blog so we can check in on your guys and watch your pregnancy. We're so excited for you guys!
Wish we lived closer too. LOVE YOU TOO!